Lightnings Tic-Tac's

I have redone the blog. It is now less offensive to the senses. Enjoy, I may actually post on a regular basis this time.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Despite the fact that finals are coming up things have slowed down a bit. Most of my teachers seem to realize that with finals coming up they should assign less homework and they did. It's surprising how they can stretch less material into the same span of time. For instance, in my American Political Thought class we've had readings of around 50-60 pages that we went through in one class period (75 minutes) and finished well before the class was done but recently we had reads of only 20-30 pages that bleed over into a second class period. Interesting. Anyway, it's been nice having time. All that homework didn't seem to enrich all that much, all it did was take up time. I've found that writing essays and the lectures are the best ways for me to learn and the reading is just there to take away my time. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my classes, but sometimes this homework is just ridiculous.

And up until recently I was, according to Sac State, a Philosophy major. While not such a bad thing, that certainly had to be changed and it was. First an English Major then a philosophy Major there's only one degree less practically applicable than those two and that's Art History. I'm so happy I'm not an Art History Major. On a side note it turns out my cousin is an art history major.

In sadder news I haven't been to Capoeira in two weeks. It's just no fun not being able to go. I twisted my ankle the Monday after Earth day and so I have been stranded away from my beloved art. In less sad news, my ankle is feeling a lot better and I may be able to make it to class this next week or maybe even this week. I'll have to take it slow though an ankle injury is a pain in the ass.

In other news Adrienne blew up my truck...

I just thought I'd let that sink in for a second. She didn't blow my truck up per se but due to my ankle she was driving my truck (because it hurts to use a clutch with a twisted ankle) and something broke. It could either be the transmission or the timing chain. I hope it's the chain. The transmission is a lot more expensive. So yeah "Lazarus shall rise again!"

So finals are coming up next week and then school's out for the summer and then guess what? Lots of work! Except I'll only be working 4 days a week. It'll be kind of nice. I'll have Wednesdays and Weekends off and, hopefully, by then Adrienne will have a State job and we'll have weekends together and everything will be happy. Then we can start D&D and whatnot again. It's been far to long. I think that after this game (the Ebberon one) in the interest of the games not going onto to long hiatus I'm going to cut down the number of players and lengths of games. A series may be 2-3 sessions as opposed to the 6-10 that was the dungeon crawling one and the Delchant one. It just takes to long to finish the stories. In that regard I will probably try to run two games at once with very few overlapping players. I'll also probably start with higher level characters so that not everyone has to be lame ass level. I may also branch off into something other than D&D again. Maybe finish that Abyssal game I started for Adrienne, Lenny and Carolyn (sorry guys). Of course with 2nd edition Exalted I'll grumble a lot and swear at White Wolf, but I may do it anyway.

I also started playing some WoW again. I now have a lvl 18 troll mage on Dark Iron. His name is Tuskgor. He kills two dwarfs in the morning. He kills two dwarfs at night. He kills two dwarfs in the afternoon and then he feels alright. He kills two dwarfs in times of peace and two in times of war. He kills two dwarfs before he kills two dwarfs and then he kills two more. He has fireballs and ice thingys and arcane-ness which is I guess light? It's white and defines as arcane damage. Must be photons. And if anyone was wondering no I do not have a WoW account. It's my step-dad's account and I just play it while he's in Afghanistan. CoX is still my preference, but it's just easy to know when someone (especially Adrienne) is on WoW so that I'm not just running around solo. Plus, I'm waiting on I7 for CoX and I'll probably need to upgrade my video card. So yeah. Troll with magic. He's part of the horde. "Want to join my horde?" Thanks Neko.

Quack Quack ~Emu Sound~

2 Comments:

  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Lenny said…

    I look forward to some serious gaming over the summer, I was planning on restarting my city game, and running an exalted second edition game sometime. There is currently no second edition material for Abyssal players so if you wanted to update that game then you would have to update your old book. For the most part it isn't that difficult. The only problems are social charms and charms that affect initiative. Of course you would also need to make charms for the Integrity and war abilities and thats a pain.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Lenny said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home