Lightnings Tic-Tac's

I have redone the blog. It is now less offensive to the senses. Enjoy, I may actually post on a regular basis this time.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

All Hail Xenu

So I nearly fell out of my chair at work today. I can't believe how accurate the scientology episode of South Park was about the beliefs of scientology. That is freaking hilarious. Anyone who hasn't seen that episode, even if you don't like South Park, should watch it. Or at least do some reading up on scientology. It's...well I'll try not to bias your conclusions here.

But I would also like to make sure Liam remembers our encounter with Scientology a few years ago with Becca at K st mall. That one guy that we thoroughly confused with our stress tests. What was his name? He was a nice guy. And the messed up personality tests. It was great. I wonder if he's still over there. Oh man, Scientology.

Quack Quack ~Emu Sound~

P.S. Now I really need to get that scientology symbol off my truck. Can't have myself being associated with them.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:40 AM, Blogger Third said…

    Actually, i have been doing reading about Scientology recently (since that quizzything), and i'm actually rather interested in it. Not particularly from a religious standpoint, although i've come to the conclusion that it's just as respectable as any religion, if you look at it just like you would any other and judge it by the morals they profess rather than the outlandish stories (Like how Scientologists believe that their entire race followed a guy through the desert for 40 years because a burning bush spoke to him, or how they think Mohammed rode a winged horse out to some big rock, where he climbed up into heaven. Kooky Scientologists even make every one of their followers go to that rock at least once in their life, no matter where they live).
    Actually, what really interests me is what i've read about their teaching methods, especially linguistics (naturally), which sound light-years ahead of anything i've heard of even in private schools. i don't know about you guys, but i've met some ODD Scientologists, but never any STUPID ones.
    Science Fiction and Neurolinguistics aside, the only thing that gives me pause are the stories that i've heard and read about Scientology's treatment of people who question or break away from the religion then criticize it. i've heard and read some very disquieting stories about breaches of confidence, thinly veiled threats, and whole families living with one eye over their shoulder. Furthermore, i think that for unhappy people who have problems with fiscal responsibility, Scientology could be just as crippling as a gambling addiction.
    So, all in all, that's my take. Anyone else?

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Duckmu said…

    Well, if you ever decide to become a Scientoligist, you can have my Scienology fish from my truck.

    Quack Quack ~Emu Sound~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home